Monday, June 27, 2011

Sketch Dump

It's been a little while since I have posted anything so I thought that I would upload some of the stuff that I have been working on at the moment.

This is something that I did in a few hours, to practice getting back into using Copic Markers again. Sadly both of my light blue markers started to die on me while I was working on this so the sky looks really patchy. Hopefully when I get refills for both colors I'll be able to fix it up and repost it.

I am really not great at successfully coloring blonde hair yet. I need to look up some tutorials on how to do it better because her's, while not horrible, isn't what I want it to be quite yet, and I'm afraid if I over work it the yellow hues are just going to become ugly and muddy.

This is one of the cover's I did in France over a year ago. I printed out another copy and used Copic Markers to color it. I'm fairly happy with this, and think I will ad it to my scholarship appeal portfolio.
This is something that I think I will either end up using on a business card or at least in my display for any artist alley's I end up going to.

I was think that for cons, I could always wear a stripped shirt and dark bottoms (cause I have so many black/dark jeans and shorts ^^;; ) That way customers will hopefully eventually recognize me from a distance based on appearance and my table set up.

The star's are because I made a new Deviant Art account as an experiment to see if I market and brand myself better if I can get a bigger audience and sell more art in a shorter period of time than my last DA account. The username is 'etoile-san' which etoile is french for star.

No comments: